Website Supreme Court of the United States
This is a full-time position with the Police Department of the Supreme Court of the United States.
- Maintain suitable order and decorum within the Supreme Court Building and grounds, to include policing demonstrations and large-scale events;
- Protection of the Supreme Court Building and grounds, and persons and property therein;
- Prepare numerous reports to include incident, found property, accident, and arrest reports, as well as testify in court.
- Dignitary Protection for the Supreme Court Justices, both domestically and internationally;
- Provide Courtroom security;
- Hair of female officers shall not exceed more than four (4) inches (to include being restrained by hair restraints) below the top of the collar of the uniform. Hair color shall consist of only natural hair colors.
- Hair of male officers shall not extend more than half an inch below the top of the collar of the uniform shirt. Hair color shall consist of only natural hair colors.
- Applicants must be licensed to drive for at least one year at the time of application, and have an excellent driving record.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service
- Law. See: www.sss.gov
- Officers are prohibited from having visible body markings (including, but not limited to: tattoos, body art, facial piercings, gauges, and brandings) on the head or neck (above the uniform collar), hands, and fingers (any area below the wrist bone).
- A Supreme Court Police Officer must be able to maintain proficiency in the use of a firearm. Applicants who have been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence cannot lawfully possess a
- firearm and are ineligible for the position.
- Meet Experience Requirements (see Qualifications)
- U.S. Citizenship
Company: Supreme Court of the United States
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Category: Government
Application Deadline: N/A