Website Sutter Health
Provide competent and thorough intake services by conducting initial screening of psychiatric and medical needs of all incoming requests for psychiatric and chemical dependency care through phone interviews and occasional face-to-face mental status screening assessments.
- Must be knowledgeable in child, adolescent, chemical dependency, adult and geriatric psychopathology, treatment and comprehensive mental status assessment.
- Must be competent in crisis interventions and behavior management using least restrictive concepts in applying interventions.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with legal issues and California laws relating to the voluntary and involuntary treatment of the mentally ill and chemically dependent.
- Possess an understanding of current insurance benefits, mental health benefit providers and medical necessity for intensity of mental health services along the continuum of care.
- Familiar with criteria for disposition to all possible levels of care within an integrated mental health system.
- Familiar with community resources in the care of the mentally ill.
Qualification & Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited RN nursing program. Must possess and maintain California licensure as an. RN.
- Seasoned experience providing mental health services in an inpatient or outpatient setting of an acute psychiatric facility. Experienced in mental health triage in a crisis mental health setting.
Company: Sutter Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Stockton, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A