Website Tampa International Airport
This is an entry level electrical position at Tampa International Airport. Electrician I will be expected to perform basic electrical task or assist higher level electricians with electrical maintenance, repairs and installation to the building power system, building lighting system, exterior lighting system, illuminated signage, airfield lighting systems and emergency power systems. This position will require a basic understanding of Microsoft Office products, National Electrical Code, blueprints and electrical schematics. Communication skills both verbal and in writing will be required to ensure customer satisfaction. This position could be required to work shift work, weekends and holidays. Additionally, this position must be able to work safely at varying heights, operate lifts and lift up to 40 pounds.
- Performs basic work or assists higher level electricians in commercial and industrial electrical repair and modification duties such as: Installing, maintaining, altering and repairing wiring, power appliances, light machinery and electrical circuits.
- Setting up, holding, climbing, and doing electrical work from ladders and scaffolding up to a height of 35 feet.
- Cleans work sites upon work completion.
- Drives a motor vehicle to and from work sites and loads and unloads tools and equipment.
- Installing electrical fixtures and appliances.
- Adjusting and cleaning limit switches and warning devices.
- Installing, maintaining and repairing electric motors, generators and related electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Performing electrical work on photoelectric calls, time clocks, electric heaters, air conditioners, motor generator units, air compressors and traffic counters.
- Some knowledge of basic electricity.
- Ability and willingness to be in an on-call status and respond to call outs, working non-standard duty hours and rotating shifts that include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Skill in the use and care of electrical testing, diagnostic and repair equipment.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Some knowledge of the materials and tools used in the maintenance and repair of electrical equipment.
- Ability to work in confined spaces, on ladders, scaffolding, towers and lift buckets up to a considerable height.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to follow established procedures.
- Some knowledge of electrical industry standards.
- Working knowledge of safety requirements.
- Working knowledge of Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Ability to follow oral and written instruction.
- Some knowledge of the functions and operations of electrical equipment.
- Ability to distinguish differences in wire, cable colors, sizes and types.
Company: Tampa International Airport
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Tampa, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A