Website Tampa International Airport
The Maintenance Electrician Internship Program is a six-month hands-on paid training program for candidates interested in commercial electrical and airfield lighting maintenance at Tampa International Airport. There will be a combination of classroom and On-the-Job (OJT) training in the Internship program. The candidate must be highly motivated to learn the electrical trade and be willing to take on more responsibility as they sharpen their skills. The intern will work closely with trained/skilled electricians and will support the Maintenance Department’s goals and initiatives. Upon successful completion of the six month program, individuals will be evaluated and, if deemed qualified, have the opportunity to be hired as a full-time employee in a maintenance role with the Aviation Authority.
- Electronically document work tasks, complete work orders, complete materials requisitions.
- Understand wiring diagrams and electrical plans.
- Complete in-house electrical safety program and demonstrate ability to always work safely.
- Perform other related work as required.
- Assist electricians in completion of electrical maintenance tasks ranging from routine to moderate complexity.
- Practical knowledge to support, explain, and troubleshoot basic electrical systems.
- Clean work sites upon work completion.
Ability to perform a variety of physical tasks.
Ability to work effectively with others.
Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
Understating of basic electrical safety, theory, and practical skills.
Willingness to learn and retain information.
Basic computer skills and knowledge.
Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Be flexible with working hours as instruction/training may occur on any shift.
Ability to work in unconditioned spaces and outside in the elements.
Ability to climb and work from ladders, aerial platforms, and operate machinery.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must be a high school graduate or in possession of GED.
Company: Tampa International Airport
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Tampa, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A