Website Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
Performs advanced (senior-level) professional research and analysis, special projects, organizational studies or work problems for the Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) Division Director and senior management. Assists with the development of policy manuals, helps establish division goals, reviews and interprets data, and assists in identifying causes and areas for system changes. Coordinates with MVD senior staff to compile data and research for division related reports and projects. Takes direction from and reports to the MVD Division Director. Work requires extensive contact with high-level managers, executives, governmental officials and the public. Works under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Serves as division contact for Legislative and Association related inquiries. Researches inquiries and drafts correspondence.
- Assists with the development and implementation of policy manuals in the MVD Division.
- Coordinates and conducts in-depth reviews of business processes and workflow to identify impediments and methods to increase operational efficiency in various sections.
- Assists the MVD Division Director and senior staff with division-related initiatives and projects. Manages special projects as assigned; provides status reports to the Division Director.
- Schedules meetings related to ongoing projects and ensures critical participants are scheduled accordingly and provides meeting participants information and materials.
- Reviews and compares data related to the division’s Key Performance Indicators report, annual report, operational initiative documents, and project briefs.
- Serves as the primary contact for the division for gathering research related materials needed from the MVD Division Director.
- Oversees and monitors the completion of projects and assignments. Implements recommendations as approved by the Division Director.
- Prepares correspondence, memos, letters and reports as directed by the MVD Division Director.
- Conducts research, analyzes data and develops reports for the MVD Division Director and senior staff.
- Attends meetings, develops summaries, and briefs the MVD Division Director. Prepares materials and provides general assistance to the Division Director and senior staff.
- Prepares presentations, briefs, and remarks for the MVD Division Director.
- Coordinates preparation for Board meetings, Advisory Committees and Stakeholder workgroups.
- Knowledge of analysis, evaluation, development, and implementation of programs, policies, and procedures; of methods and procedures analysis techniques; of work simplification methods; of forms and records design and control procedures; and of statistical analysis.
- Ability to evaluate problems, to develop alternative solutions, to oversee studies, to develop and interpret policies and procedures, to design programs or training, to implement policies and procedures, to prepare concise reports, to communicate effectively, and to supervise the work of others.
- Knowledge of ways, methods, and approach to leading research, analysis, and organizational development and management practices.
- Skill in the use of a computer and applicable software.
Company: Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A