Website Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
You may apply to the job directly through the CAPPS Career Section. It is not necessary to apply both through Work In Texas and CAPPS Career Section To apply for this position, complete an on-line application either through theApplicant Career Section throughWorkInTexas. TxDMV does not accept paper applications.Applicants who require an accommodation for the interview process should contact Human Resources at 512.465.4043 when contacted to schedule an interview
Our mission at the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TxDMV) is to serve, protect and advance the citizens and industries in the state with quality motor vehicle related services. We are a dynamic state agency dedicated to customer service, consumer protection and the success of motor vehicle-related industries.
- Reviews and evaluates consumer complaints to determine if a violation has occurred and makes recommendations concerning action to be taken.
- Conducts field investigations and/or investigations of reported and suspected violations of statutes and rules; documents observations/findings.
- Evaluates complaints filed to determine applicability of regulatory statutes.
- Identifies, gathers and examines complex records necessary to complete investigations.
- Develops lists, contacts and/or interviews potential witnesses.
- Prepares and completes investigative reports. Conducts field inspections and completes inspection reports. Issuance of Notice of Violations (NOV) when necessary.
- Coordinates with regulated businesses and consumers regarding complaints.
- Answers inquiries and provides guidance to regulated businesses.
- Conducts research of state and federal statues, regulations and other issues affecting area of jurisdiction
- Makes recommendations concerning administrative penalties and assists in the settlement of violations.
- Facilitates resolution of complaints through mediation efforts with all concerned parties.
- Maintains case suspense files.
- Provides expert testimony in court cases.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Customer Focus -Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
Company: Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Fort Worth, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A