Website Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
Our mission at the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TxDMV) is to serve, protect and advance the citizens and industries in the state with quality motor vehicle related services. We are a dynamic state agency dedicated to customer service, consumer protection and the success of motor vehicle-related industries. Performs advanced legal secretarial work in support of the Enforcement Division of the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TxDMV). Provides legal and administrative support for the contested case process and the divisions staff attorneys
- Effectively works with the attorney staff to prepare, review, and edit legal correspondence and other legal documents as directed and within SOP processing guidelines. Monitors and logs incoming correspondence and processes documents related to case litigation on motor vehicle and motor carrier cases.
- Determines appropriate handling and tracks status of required responses.
- Enters and retrieves data using a case management database system to create work documents, initiate case activities and maintain case notes.
- Processes and prepares motions for attorney review and signature and forwards appropriate documents to SOAH on behalf of TxDMV in a timely manner.
- May assist attorneys with organizing trial and hearing materials and coordinating with SOAH on docketing hearings.
- Timely prepares notices and communicates with respondents.
- Provides the highest level of internal and external customer service when providing a verbal or written response to all inquiries related to litigation on enforcement cases. Interprets and relays rules, regulations, policies, and procedures for internal and external customers in a responsive and courteous manner.
Company: Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Odessa, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A