Website Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
This requisition is limited to Current TxDMV Employees Only. Provides customer service for special plates registration activities in the Vehicle Titles and Registration Division (VTR), Vehicle Data Management Branch. Work involves retrieving title and registration information from master files or databases and verifying against applications, forms and original documents; researching and analyzing manuals, regulations and laws to ensure compliance with established procedures and resolves problems; and handling confidential and sensitive correspondence and communications regarding compliance with DPPA. Work requires contact with governmental agencies and extensive contact with the public. Employees at this level perform work independently on assignments; however, all unusual issues are referred to the supervisor
- Provides routine information and assistance pertaining to vehicle title and registration procedures, laws, rules and regulations; refers customers to appropriate source for complex problems or questions; processes special applications and reports.
- Prepares and edits correspondence/production work, memos and reports for proper format, spelling, grammar, punctuation, typographical errors, syntax and style using a personal computer and applicable software.
- Retrieves title and registration information from master files or databases and verifies against applications, forms and original documents.
- Researches and analyzes manuals, regulations and laws to ensure compliance with established procedures and resolves problems.
- Performs complex data analysis and work non-routine modifications to the master vehicle record.
- Inputs address changes, vehicle transfer notifications, NAFTA permits, exports, etc.
- Education and Experience Graduation from high school or equivalent plus four (4) years experience in a high-volume customer service, data entry/management, or general office administration environment.
- Experience and education may substitute for one another on a year per year basis.
- (Experience requirements may be satisfied by full-time experience or the prorated part-time equivalent.)
Company: Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Abilene, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A