About the job
As a Barista, you’ll be providing customers with hand crafted, quality beverages. You’ll help create an inviting community and be one of the main hubs on our military bases. You’ll be in a fun, fast paced environment where your personality can really shine through- with a focus on making customer connections.
We offer flexible scheduling, comprehensive medical, dental, life and disability insurance, paid time off, shift differential/holiday pay, and a traditional pension and 401K plan to qualifying associates. You’ll also have access to the base and its facilities, our Mass Transit program, and status as an employee of the DoD.
So what can you expect as a Food Service Worker- Starbucks at the Exchange?
- Greet every customer with eye contact and smile in your authentic way
- Acknowledge every waiting customer as soon as they arrive to the register to let them know you’ll be right with them.
- Listen to customer needs; ask appropriate follow-up questions to ensure you offer appropriate products that meet the specific need of the customer
- Ensure customers have an extraordinary experience while shopping
- Complete transactions accurately and efficiently while engaging customers in appropriate conversation
We know that you can work anywhere. However, working at the Exchange is the start of something great! While you make it easy for our customers, we focus on you and your development! Our people make us who we are. We want to see you grow, so we put growing together at the forefront of everything we do. It is our duty to provide you with the tools and resources that you need to succeed. Joining the Exchange means joining a team that is devoted to you!
- Able to lift up to 45 pounds (occasional lifting over 50 pounds)
- Able to learn and adapt to current technology needs
- Able to think quickly on the spot to answer customer questions
- Able to take initiative
- Able to share brand knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willing to cross-train and work in other areas of the store, as needed
- Must possess a welcoming and helpful attitude toward customers and other team members
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Fast food experience preferred
Number of Positions Remaining
JBER-FTR STRBUC 75471
MUST HAVE A FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE TO INCLUDE DAYS, NIGHTS, WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS. MUST BE ABLE TO LIFT 40LBS.
EDUCATION: HIGH SCHOOL OR EQUIVALENT. CREDITABLE JOB RELATED EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR THE EDUCATION REQUIREMENT ON A 9 MONTHS FOR 9 MONTHS BASIS.
If a sufficient number of qualified candidates do not apply, the minimum qualifications may be lowered without reposting.