About the job
This position is Temporary and will end upon agreed time. You do have an option to apply to other permanent vacancies before agreement ending date.
As a Cashier, your enthusiasm for helping customers will provide a friendly and efficient checkout experience. You’ll help customers feel welcomed and become a multitasking superstar – starting conversations, making connections, and efficiently serving each customer will be your expertise.
We offer flexible scheduling, comprehensive medical, dental, life and disability insurance, paid time off, shift differential/holiday pay, and a traditional pension and 401K plan to qualifying associates. You’ll also have access to the base and its facilities, our Mass Transit program, and status as an employee of the DoD.
So what can you expect as a Customer Experience Associate – Cashier at the Exchange?
- Greet every customer with eye contact and smile in your authentic way
- Acknowledge every waiting customer as soon as they arrive to your lane to let them know you’ll be right with them
- Complete transactions accurately and efficiently while engaging customers in appropriate conversation
- Help customers by following the proper procedure for bagging merchandise and moving large or heavy items
We know that you can work anywhere. However, working at the Exchange is the start of something great! While you make it easy for our customers, we focus on you and your development! Our people make us who we are. We want to see you grow, so we put growing together at the forefront of everything we do. It is our duty to provide you with the tools and resources that you need to succeed. Joining the Exchange means joining a team that is devoted to you!
- Able to learn and adapt to current technology needs
- Able to think quickly on the spot to answer customer questions
Number of Positions Remaining
Fort Riley Main Store
- Willing to cross-train and work in other areas of the store, as needed
- Must possess a welcoming and helpful attitude toward customers and other team members
- Cash handling experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Retail experience preferred
Completion of high school or the equivalent. Retail experience, demonstrated willingness, and potential for additional responsibility.
If a sufficient number of qualified candidates do not apply, the minimum qualifications may be lowered without reposting.
We are seeking associates who have a passion for delivering an extraordinary customer experience and a passion for serving those who serve, our Soldiers, Airmen and their families.
Who We Are
The Army & Air Force Exchange Service, also known as “the Exchange,” is the retailer on US Army and Air Force installations worldwide. An $8 billion enterprise ranked among the top retailers, the Exchange operates department stores, convenience stores, restaurants, movie theaters and an internet shopping site to serve Soldiers, Airmen and their families. In addition to US bases in Germany, Italy, England, Turkey, South Korea and Japan, the Exchange operates stores for US troops in Iraq, Afghanistan and other countries in the region. The Exchange ensures Soldiers and Airmen have access to US goods and services, wherever they serve.