Website Village of Tinley Park
The position of Part-Time EMA Member/Officer is responsible for assisting, observing and reporting emergency and non-emergency conditions within the Village. This is a non-sworn with no law enforcement authority. EMA Members/Officers will assist in duties such as directing pedestrian and vehicular traffic, monitoring crowd control during special events (parades, festivals, street fairs, and other special events), first aid, shelter operations, emergency planning, donation management and other duties as required during a disaster or major incident.
- EMA Members/Officers will also work with Fire and Public Works, and other communities on an as needed basis when an emergency arises.
- Additional responsibilities include acting as a liaison between the community and the Police Department during their respective assignment, reporting conditions of streets, signs, curbs, sidewalks, obstructions of signs, signals, or vision, and observing and reporting conditions conducive to crime or criminal activity, fires, and request for medical services to the respective department of expertise.
- This role will also provide support to Police, Fire, Public Works, other departments, and agencies as needed or directed.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Prior emergency management related experience is preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- CPR certification is required within 3 months of hire.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to deal tactfully and courteously with the general public.
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED is required. Must be 18 years of age.
Company: Village of Tinley Park
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Tinley Park, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A