Website Village of Tinley Park
The Village of Tinley Park (population approximately 57,000) seeks qualified applicants for the position of Part-Time Public Education Officer. This is a non-sworn position, responsible for designing, implementing, and coordinating educational programs dealing with fire prevention, fire safety education, burn awareness, and injury prevention.
Under the general direction of the Deputy Chief of Fire Prevention, the Public Education Officer creates a greater awareness for fire and life safety behaviors for all ages through school and community programs. The Public Education Officer position also provides development and support for internal/in-service training and special events, as needed or directed.
- Fire prevention technology and techniques; fire inspection methods; and municipal, state, and federal regulations relating to fire prevention.
- Community Risk Reduction concepts.
- Educational practices and systems, age level characteristics, and principals of effective public speaking.
- Excellent customer service, communication (both verbal and written), and interpersonal skills.
- Skill in public relations practices and techniques and skill in dealing with the media.
- Intermediate to advanced skill in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Work with diverse groups, cultures, and ages of customers in an effective manner.
- Develop a variety of static and dynamic presentations.
Qualification & Experience:
- Associate’s Degree in Fire Science, Communications, or a related field from an accredited college, university, or technical school.
- Minimum one (1) to three (3) years experience as an educator, firefighter, fire inspector, or presently working within a Fire Prevention Bureau.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Company: Village of Tinley Park
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Oak Forest, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A