Website Village of Tinley Park
The Village of Tinley Park (population approx. 57,000) seeks qualified applicants for the position of Maintenance Technician in the Streets Division of the Public Works Department.
- The position reports directly to the Public Works Street Superintendent, and indirectly to the Assistant Director of Public Works, and Director of Public Works.
- The Maintenance Technician position performs maintenance work to ensure the proper operation, repair, maintenance, and replacement of the Village’s infrastructure.
- The Maintenance Technician will interact with and respond to members of the public as instructed or requested; operate a variety of equipment and vehicles individually or as part of a crew; and perform all duties as directed/instructed in conformance with all safety and security protocols. This is a collectively bargained position.
- Significant knowledge regarding operation of light and heavy equipment, or ability to acquire within one year of employment.
- Ability to frequently life or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move over 100 pounds.
- Ability to work in all types of weather conditions, use ladders, and work and/or move in restricted/confined spaces.
- Ability to work snow and ice removal on a 24-hour On-Call basis, and work overtime hours, as assigned.
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check.
Qualification & Experience:
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent
- Valid Illinois State Driver’s license.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain within six (6) months of employment, a valid CDL Class B driver’s license with airbrake and tanker endorsements, and maintain valid license during course of employment.
- Applicable knowledge of methods and equipment used in construction and maintenance of municipal infrastructure.
Company: Village of Tinley Park
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Markham, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A