Website United States Courts
The U.S. District Court for the Western District of Arkansas is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Information Technology Support Specialist. The Information Technology Support Specialist provides administrative and technical support to the court in a wide range of areas. Information Technology Support Specialists perform routine troubleshooting and support for end user activities.
- Proficient in Active Directory and Windows Operating Systems, including installing and testing software update releases for compatibility with existing hardware systems.
- Support a large quantity of mobile computing devices.
- Install or assist in the installation of new or revised releases of software and national systems.
- Provide instruction and training on use and support of national and locally developed or customized systems.
- Provides day-to-day IT support. Monitor day-to-day operations of the equipment and systems. Act as the technical expert in solving software and computer system problems.
- Monitors day-to-day operations of equipment systems. Diagnose and remedy computing system problems, both hardware and software, utilizing technical resources and other IT staff.
- Create and maintain data dictionaries. Develop and perform software system testing and validation procedures and documentation.
- Develop, implement, and manage large and small-scale projects from inception to delivery, including developing project plans, design plans, and timelines.
- Advise the Court in areas of technology support, requirements, and capabilities including anticipation of future requirements and resolution of potential problems prior to implementation.
- Respond to questions or requests by judges and court staff.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to prioritize and delegate as needed.
- Proficiency in maintaining multiple information technologies systems using programming languages and operating systems.
- Knowledge of computer systems and networks, including skill in determining causes of operating errors.
- Knowledge of security software and procedures. (CompTIA Security+, Certified Ethical Hacker, etc.).
- Skill in generating or adapting programs, equipment, and technology to serve user needs.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in Information Technology or related field.
- Candidate should be a forward-thinking team player, with a can-do attitude and excellent customer service skills.
- Experience implementing new technologies.
- Knowledge of software testing methods, practices, and preventive maintenance activities.
- Experience using or certification in VMware (VCP, VCE, etc.).
- Experience using or certification in Microsoft Systems (MCSE, MCSD, etc.).
- Willingness to dig in and work as needed at all levels of IT.
Company: United States Courts
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fayetteville, AR, US
Application Deadline: N/A