Website U.S. Forest Service
FBI Special Agents apply their professional expertise and unique skill sets to their work every day and that includes law enforcement and military backgrounds. We’re currently seeking police officers, military veterans (Special Forces, explosives, WMD, intelligence) and pilots (helicopter and fixed-wing). Apply your tactical skills, leadership, integrity and teamwork to gathering evidence or helping to dismantle a criminal enterprise.
- You can expect continued specialized training once onboard and opportunities to work on some of the Bureau’s most complex cases.
- The scope and scale of our investigations provide unique challenges unlike anything you could work on in the private sector.
- Your ultimate mission: to protect the American people and uphold the Constitution of the United States.
- Being a Special Agent can be a lifelong career of uncommon days and amazing experiences.
- Adhere to strict standards of conduct.
- Upon graduation from the FBI Academy, be available to transfer to one of the FBI’s 56 Field Offices, including San Juan, Puerto Rico or remote resident agencies (satellite offices) to meet the needs of the FBI. Special Agents rarely return to their processing office. Applicants should ensure that their families are prepared for and support this move.
- Pass a Physical Fitness Test (PFT); must be physically fit to complete training at the FBI Academy at Quantico, VA, and maintain a high level of fitness throughout your career.
- Throughout your career, be available for temporary duty assignments anywhere in the world, on either a temporary or a long-term basis.
Successfully complete approximately 19 weeks of employment as a Special Agent trainee, while housed at the FBI Academy at Quantico.
- Undergo a rigorous background investigation, credit checks and a polygraph in order to obtain a Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Clearance.
- Pass a medical exam, which includes, but is not limited to, meeting visual and hearing standards.
- Work a minimum of a 50-hour workweek, which may include irregular hours, and be on-call 24/7, including holidays and weekends.
Qualification & Experience:
- Have a bachelor’s degree or higher from a U.S.-accredited college or university.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be able to obtain a Top Secret Clearance SCI Clearance.
- Be at least 23 years old and not have reached your 37th birthday on appointment.
Company: U.S. Forest Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Technician
Job Category: Government
Application Deadline: N/A