Website U.S. Forest Service
This position is a Natural Resources Management Specialist for the National Partnership Office of the USDA Forest Service. Leads and coordinates the Region/Station/Area and Washington Office network of employees focused on integration of scientific information into, and program delivery of, sustainability and climate change activities throughout the Agency. For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Gary Barrett at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or 202-390-1292.
- Provides information on the value and benefit of assigned program, anticipates and addresses concerns from internal and external stakeholders about policy related to sustainability and climate change.
- Applies knowledge of science, goals, strategies, initiatives and budget direction, laws and regulations to inform work and make recommendations.
- Duties are shown at Full Performance Level.
- Serves as an agent for change management and assists in maintaining awareness of sustainability and climate change with respect to achieving the Forest Service mission.
- Coordinates and integrates professional, scientific, technical, and administrative relationships for sustainability and climate change work.
- Initiates, formulates, plans and executes continuing climate change and sustainability projects to solve critical problems.
- Formulates interpretations and participates in reviews to assess the effectiveness of the activities of the network of employees focused on sustainability and climate change goals and objectives.
- Operates in a virtual environment as appropriate.
- Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- Successful completion of one year probationary period, unless previously served.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
Company: U.S. Forest Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Category: Government
Application Deadline: N/A