Website U.S. Forest Service
The city of Sacramento has evolved over recent years and features two large universities, a thriving riverfront area with harbor, a number of notable museums, top restaurants, jazz nightspots, impressive theaters, more than 100 parks, scenic trails by the American River Parkway, and some striking architecture, including the magnificent California State Capitol building. Home to the River Cats, Triple AAA affiliate for the San Francisco Giants and Major League Soccer awarded an expansion team in Sacramento.
- The incumbent will provide clinical management of Comprehensive Ophthalmology, Basic Cornea, Glaucoma, and Retina disorders required for this truly comprehensive ophthalmology practice.
- Local Ambulatory Surgery Center contract pending for VA ophthalmologist to perform ocular surgery at the ASC.
- Full suite of imaging modalities with two highly trained technicians.
- Four lanes available for you and an OD. Laser/ Medical management of Glaucoma and/or Intravitreal Injection skills for Retinal disease a plus, but not required.
- Help us to honor America’s Veterans by providing exceptional health care that improves their health and well-being.
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Participation in the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) vaccination program is a requirement for all Department of Veterans Affairs Personnel
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- All applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA.
- Participation in the seasonal influenza vaccination program is a requirement for all Department of Veterans Affairs Health Care Personnel (HCP)
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
Company: U.S. Forest Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Category: Government
Application Deadline: N/A