Website U.S. Geological Survey
This position is being filled using the government-wide direct hire authority for Physical Scientist, GS-1301.
- Operate a government motor vehicle as an incidental driver, and small watercraft.
- Plan, direct, and/or carry out complex scientific studies that describe and interpret hydrologic conditions.
- Plan, conduct, and report on interpretive studies of geological, geomorphic, and hydrologic data.
- Investigate the hydrology of groundwater and surface-water systems and the water quality of those systems and their interconnections.
- Design and construct multi-disciplinary scientific studies involving computerized integration of complex combination of multi-layered level thematic spatial data.
- Define, analyze, forecast, and describe both natural and human-induced hydrologic changes in the area.
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
- Suitable for Federal employment, as determined by background investigation.
- Selectee subject to successful completion of a pre-employment medical exam.
- Selectee must provide a valid state driver’s license & safe driving record.
- Selectee may be subject to serving a one-year probationary period.
- More requirements are listed under Qualifications and Other Information.
Company: U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Troy, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A