Website U.S. Geological Survey
This is a remote position that reports to the Integrated Information Dissemination Division, Data Science Branch of the U.S. Geological Survey
- Supervise staff as assigned
- Research new and existing data-intensive techniques, and applies appropriate methods towards data analysis/modeling and communication.
- Collaborate with experts in other domains or agencies to develop strategies for improving efficiency, quality, understanding, and accessibility of USGS-WMA science.
- Lead projects within one or more of the IIDD core set of capabilities: reproducible workflows, data visualization, web communication, user-centered design, data science modeling, and/or web analytics).
- Implement new and existing data-intensive solutions for areas of need.
- A. Degree in biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position. *OR* B. Combination of education and experience–courses equivalent to a major, as shown in A above (24 semester hours or the equivalent in biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position), plus appropriate experience and/or additional education for a total of 4 years. The education or combined education and experience must be comparable in type, scope and thoroughness to that acquired through successful completion of a 4-year course of study as described in “A” above.
Company: U.S. Geological Survey
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Reston, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A