Website United States Postal Service
The United States Postal Service has the following challenging employment opportunity for a highly motivated and innovative individual. The Real Estate Specialist (Assets) position is available in Greensboro, NC. The successful candidate must demonstrate through a combination of education, training, and experience the following requirements.
- Guides and participates in the development of complex technical analyses on matters related to asset and facility acquisition, subleasing, lease back, lease renewals, lease extension, dispositions, and space reduction for owned or leased postal properties and assets.
- Works internally and with vendors to oversee the completion of due diligence surveys and analyses to evaluate prospective leases, leas renewals, lease extension, space expansions, space reductions, and replacement quarters.
- Coordinates, manages, and communicates with developers, investors, property owners, contractors, representatives of the financial community, and others for lease back, lease renewals, lease extensions, space reduction, acquisition, development, disposition of postal real estate. Answers questions, informs, negotiates and persuades others during real estate transactions.
- Collects, develops, analyzes, and maintains market and real estate data, and ensures information is accurate and current; performs and reviews comparative analyses to ensure maximum benefit for the USPS relative to site suitability and community cooperation, and develops recommendations for management.
- Performs special assignments related to the most complex and involved real estate projects and assignments; develops and reviews real estate appraisal proposals and related documentation and proposals and recommendations to contracting officials.
- Works with the architects and engineers to ensure the construction or modifications of properties adhere to the contractual obligations and recommends final acceptance.
- Collects and oversees the collection and analysis of cost data for entry in facilities reporting system and monitors taxes and assessed values of leased facilities and prepares complex appeals as necessary. Manages commission payments for postal service brokers.
- Reviews and analyzes lower level Real Estate Specialists recommendations to ensure compliance and adequacy of current requirements. May be responsible for supervising a small staff.
- Provides advice and guidance to postal authorities, real estate professionals, the general public, representatives of federal, state, and local governmental agencies and other parties of interest on postal real estate issues.
- Serves as a Contracting Officer (CO) and performs a variety of functions from pre-award to post award including reviews, plans, solicits, evaluates, awards, and administers contracts for real estate and related services.
- Knowledge of real estate contract law, commercial real estate terminology, and financing methods and techniques.
- Ability to communicate in writing to prepare correspondence, reports, proposals, and recommendations for management and contracting officials.
- Ability to communicate orally to coordinate and negotiate with property owners, contractors, financial and industry representatives, and government officials at all levels on real estate issues.
- Ability to use word processing, data analysis and presentation development software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to prepare briefings, reports and presentations.
- Ability to review and perform financial analysis using financial methods and techniques as well as Microsoft Excel functions, including, but not limited to, net present value, internal rate of return, present value, and future value.
- Ability to prioritize workload to generate maximum revenue, costs savings/avoidance and provide feedback as required, direct necessary corrections to any due diligence reports ordered to effectively negotiate in the best interest of the organization.
- Ability to coordinate and lead realty programs which include the promotion and sale of owned real estate and assets.
- Ability to prepare and review, evaluate, and analyze proposals for disposal, out leasing, subleasing, lease buyout, lease renewals and alternate quarters (new leased locations) actions and submit recommendations for management review and approval.
- Ability to coordinate and oversee the work of lower level specialists to achieve project objectives, including organizing and monitoring the work, facilitating the flow of work-related information, and providing technical guidance and drive necessary results.
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Category: Government
Application Deadline: N/A