Website United States Postal Service
Mail Handler Assistant (MHA) A Mail Handler Assistant loads, unloads, and moves mail and performs other duties incidental to the movement and processing of mail.
- You will pick up sacks, pouches, and outside pieces and separate outgoing bulk mail for dispatch and load mail onto trucks.
- You will separate all mail received from trucks and conveyors for dispatch to other conveying units.
- You must be flexible with little to no lead time or advance notice of a schedule change.
- You will place empty sacks or pouches on racks and label them.
- You must follow established safe work methods and procedures. The USPS is an equal opportunity employer and a top employer of veterans.
- Example: You may work 20 hours one week and 60 hours the following week.
- Duties are physically demanding requiring moderate to heavy lifting, carrying, prolonged standing, walking, and reaching.
- You may be required to operate equipment and machinery.
- You will load and unload mail from trucks.
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Category: Government
Application Deadline: N/A