DOJ offers a range of opportunities for experienced attorneys to work on significant and complex issues facing our nation. The effectiveness of the Department’s law enforcement and legal responsibilities depends upon the continued recruitment and hiring of excellent and diverse legal talent. We recognize the need for attorneys of varied backgrounds and skills, and offer an inclusive environment that relies on diverse perspectives to ensure that we effectively serve the American people.
- Experienced attorney hiring is decentralized.
- Each office, including the United States Attorneys’ Offices, conducts its own recruitment for experienced attorneys.
- Attorney applicants must apply separately to specific vacancy announcements listed on the Department’s
- The Department of Justice is firmly committed to satisfying its affirmative obligations under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, to ensure that persons with disabilities have equal opportunity to be hired and advanced on the basis of merit.
- If you are applying for a position within Justice and meet the eligibility requirements for persons with targeted disabilities under 5 C.F.R.
- As a general rule, an attorney who is an active member of the bar of any U.S. jurisdiction and has at least one year post-J.D. legal or other relevant experience is eligible for an experienced attorney position.
- Nevertheless, some attorney positions require greater experience and additional eligibility criteria. Please consult the vacancy announcement for specifics.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A