Website U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
These positions are located in the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Information and Technology for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information and Technology (OIT), Deputy Chief Information Officer, Account Management Office (AMO). The AMO is a center of excellence focused on driving fully integrated IT services aligned to VA strategic goals and objectives to optimize design, delivery, operation, business alignment and sourcing of IT Services.
- Planning and Evaluation- Establishing, implementing, evaluating, and enhancing program operations.
Communication- Expresses information to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (i.e., technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately in both oral and written types of communication.
- Enterprise Architecture- Aligning information technology (IT) strategy, plans, and systems with the mission, goals, structure, and processes of the organization.
- IT Program Management- Managing/Leading several related projects, often with the intention of improving the organization’s performance.
Attention to detail and a proactive attitude are also desirable traits/skills.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this job.
- Selectees are subject to a background/suitability investigation.
- Designated and/or random drug testing may be required
- Selectees may be required to serve a probationary period.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- A complete application package, i.e., Resume, Transcripts, etc., as required by the job announcement.
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
- Participation in the Seasonal Influenza Prevention Program for VHA Health Care Personnel (HCP) is a requirement for all Department of Veterans Affairs HCP.
- All applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
Company: U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Accounting
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A