Website U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Assigned to the Maintenance and Operations Section of the Engineering Service at the Charlie Norwood VAMC in Augusta, GA.
- Has knowledge of computers & programs for designs & fabrication of signage for the Medical Center.
- Tints and/or mixes paints to match existing or prescribed colors.
- Performs in a sustained effort scraping, sanding, cleaning and painting surfaces, including ceilings and walls which require the use of tools overhead and above shoulder heights.
- Has vast knowledge of computers & programs for Visual illustration designs & fabrication of signage.
- Uses computers and sign making machines to detailed measurements and instructions.
- Frequently lifts, carries and sets up materials and equipment that weigh up to 25 pounds; occasionally that weight up to 50 pounds and over.
- Required to provide an estimate of materials required to do the job, i.e., paint, wall covering, floor tile, carpet tile and base board.
- Prepares surfaces to be painted or covered with wall covering by scraping, sanding, sand blasting or applying paint remover.
- Mixes and applies such pre-coating agents as alkali compounds.
- Prepares surfaces by such methods as filling, shaping and leveling with metal and synthetic resins.
- Prepares existing surface’s before installation of new floor tile and carpet tile floors refinish hardwood floors.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- Participation in the seasonal influenza vaccination program is a requirement for all Department of Veterans Affairs Health Care Personnel
- Pre-employment physical required
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- All applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA.
- Subject to background/security investigation
Company: U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Accounting
Job Location: Augusta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A