Website Virginia Department of Health
We are seeking individuals that can deliver excellent customer service solutions in a friendly and knowledgeable manner. Selected applicant will handle customer transactions using multiple PC modules, cash drawers, credit cards, titles, plates, tags, etc. Individual will be expected to follow established policies and procedures along with interpreting and administering state and federal regulations. Other duties include administering electronic/written driving tests and vision tests with customers; processing applications for driver, dealer, motor carrier, vehicle registration and titling, tax collection, IDs, and other DMV related services. Training will be provided to ensure your success during your DMV employment.
- All programs and services are administered in a customer service-focused manner and in accordance with statutory and administrative procedural requirements such as the Motor Vehicle Code of Virginia, DMV policies, procedures, rules and regulations, the Privacy Protection Act and the Freedom of Information Act. DMV operates upon five fundamental core values: Trustworthiness, Respect, Accountability, Integrity and Teamwork (TRAIT). We don’t just talk about our core values, we live them!
- Experience with standard business practices.
- Experience interpreting and explaining policies/procedures or other complex information to customers.
- Experience working in a team or group environment.
- Strong organizational, time management, problem solving and multitasking skills.
- Flexibility to work M-F and Saturday.
- Experience working in a Fiscal, Accounting or Cash Handling environment.-Ability to lift 10 – 25 lbs.
- Must have a valid VA Driver’s License with a driving record that reflects a sense of responsibility for highway safety and concern for the law.
- Driving record should have a point balance of less than 6 demerit points and no major convictions.
- Customer service experience working in a fast paced environment.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Must have attention to detail, accuracy, and complete assignments on time.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Keyboarding proficiency and use of automated systems.
Company: Virginia Department of Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Portsmouth, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A