Website Virginia Department of Health
We are seeking a Roadside Coordinator to provide contractual oversight and technical Expertise in the support and execution of our Roadside Management Program in Amherst, Appomattox, Buckingham, Campbell, Charlotte, Cumberland, Halifax, Nelson, Pittsylvania and Prince Edward Counties in the Lynchburg District.
- Ensures all work is performed in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and agency guidelines and policies governing roadside management.
- Upon request, provides expert advice and direction for state forces engaged in these same functions. Assists with the planning, development and organization of contracts that meet roadside management needs and use budget effectively.
- Manage and track budgets and expenditures utilizing various computer software programs related to the Roadside budget.
- Develops and implements filing and data management systems for the documentation of Roadside activities.
- Presents positive, cooperative, and professional attitude, image, and actions to all internal and external customers.
- Knowledge of policies, principles and practices related to environmentally sound management of roadside vegetation.
- Experience applying environmental principles and practices related to the construction and maintenance of roadways.
- Experience applying contract development and administration policies and procedures
- Knowledge and experience in providing proper lane closures as outlined in the Virginia Work Area Protection Manual and utilizing all traffic
- Control devices. Ability to read and interpret contracts and monitor contractors in day to day operations. Ability to evaluate contract personnel, coordinate various operations, monitor contracts, provide guidance to contractors and feedback to VDOT personnel, communicate effectively, and promote teamwork and cooperation.
- Ability to keep accurate records and documentation to include demonstrated knowledge or working within budget and developing cost estimates. Ability to manage budgets and costs.
- Ability to schedule work, participate effectively in strategic planning meetings and to establish obtainable priorities. Skill in decision making and the ability to make sound, independent judgments based on VDOT policies and procedures. Ability to create correspondence and reports using computer skills.
- Ability to establish and develop positive working relationships with the contractor, internal staff, local government and law/response officials, and the general public to ensure an efficient process to deliver the outcomes of the contract.
Company: Virginia Department of Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Lynchburg, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A