Website Village of Arlington Heights
The Arlington Heights Park District is seeking part-time/seasonal Grounds persons for the 2022 Summer season. Reporting to the Parks Operations Supervisor, the Grounds person will perform a variety of grounds and maintenance tasks at a variety of park locations.
- Perform general parks maintenance duties such as garbage and debris removal. Other duties include mowing, edging, weeding, planting, mulching, and watering. Some light to moderate shrub trimming and pruning as needed.
- Special event set-up, clean-ups, preparation of athletic fields and other park maintenance duties as assigned.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere, promoting positive work relationships with both internal and external customers
- Ability to follow directions and communicate verbally and in writing and to read and understand printed materials
- Capacity to utilize effective time management skills to complete assigned work
- Ability to work harmoniously with coworkers
- Ability to maintain positive and effective working relationships with supervisors and coworkers
- Ability to communicate effectively with fellow staff and the public both orally and in writing
- Ability to clean, make adjustments and perform routine maintenance on equipment
- Ability to measure with and read rulers and other measuring devices
- Capacity to safely operate a variety of maintenance equipment and machinery
- Good knowledge of pertinent safety precautions
- Ability to work around the general public and park patrons in public areas
- Ability to maintain self-control and composure in difficult situations
- Capacity to safely dispose of various chemicals
- Capacity to perform basic mathematical computations including measuring, calculating and estimating
- Ability to follow through on projects from beginning to end without immediate supervision
Qualification & Experience:
- Or, any equivalent combination of education, experience and training
- Valid Illinois Driver’s License
- High school graduate or G.E.D.
- CPR and AED Certification preferred
- Basic knowledge of grounds maintenance, general construction or applicable trade
- Minimum age of 18 is required
Company: Village of Arlington Heights
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Arlington Heights, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A