Website Village of Palatine
|Village of Palatine|
Individuals in these positions perform various duties, many of which are normally assigned to regular maintenance in the off-season. This includes landscape maintenance, debris removal, facilities maintenance, cleaning and maintenance of City Vehicles.
- Landscape maintenance.
- Debris removal.
- Moving equipment and furniture.
- Light maintenance and cleaning of City vehicles and equipment.
- Taking inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be 18 years of age or older to be considered for these positions.
- Mechanical aptitude and/or related training is preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to make sound decisions and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to follow appropriate safety procedures.
- Must be able to comprehend written and verbal instructions and translate those instructions to the appropriate action(s).
- Must possess and maintain a valid IL Driver’s License with a good driving record.
Qualification & Experience:
- An employee in this classification must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and exert a force of up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Other necessary physical demands are the dexterity and strength to operate the tools listed above safety and effectively.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts or in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud on occasion.
Company: Village of Palatine
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Palatine, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A