Website Village of Schaumburg
Position performs duties necessary for the daily operations and administration of the Department’s Accreditation Program as well as seeking, applying for, tracking, and reporting progress of law enforcement grants.
Under general supervision of the Support Services Sergeant, plans and carries out regular work in accordance with standard practices and previous training, with substantial responsibility for determining the sequence and timing of action and substantial independence in planning and organizing work activities, including determining the work methods. Through experienced judgment, solves most complex problems or unusual situations by adapting existing methods or interpreting instructions to resolve the problem or issue. Policy problems or changes in procedures are discussed with the supervisor, but ordinarily the employee plans the work, lays it out and carries it through to completion independently. Work is generally reviewed for technical adequacy, appropriateness of actions or decisions, and conformance with policy or other requirements; the methods used in arriving at the end result are not usually reviewed in detail.
- The primary responsibilities will be to coordinate the Police Department accreditation process as the Accreditation Manager for the department and coordinate the Police Department grant process as Grant Manager for the department.
- Ensure the Police Department meets and maintains those standards required by the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA) and ensure the administrative staff is kept abreast of changes in CALEA standards and the status of the department in meeting those standards.
- Identify trends in CALEA standard development and alert police management to anticipated or forthcoming changes in those standards. Document changes in standards and update directives.
- Write and assist in the revision of departmental policies and directives. Review and compare directives to CALEA standards and guidelines, noting any deficiencies, as well as methods of correcting those deficiencies. Assure that policies and procedures do not conflict with accreditation standards.
- Educate department personnel on the accreditation process via written and/or verbal means. Identify and institute methods of informing Village administration and the public about the accreditation process.
- Keep accreditation folders updated, manage the process, write reports and develop manuals as necessary. Collect the appropriate reports and proofs to satisfy accreditation standards and place them on file in the proper folders and computerized system as necessary.
- Ensure that staff review is conducted on all newly proposed directives and any proposed changes to existing directives. Keep a detailed file documenting staff review and comments/changes to any proposed directive along with the final draft.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Company: Village of Schaumburg
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Schaumburg, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A