Website Village of Schaumburg
This role encompasses the breadth of community communication and engagement activities including the planning, development, and delivery of effective community engagement strategies to support the diverse programs, committees, and initiatives delivered by the Village of Maywood. As part of a small team, must be adept at juggling multiple projects and identifying priorities.
- Gathers data, assembles information for press releases and/or publication and disseminates appropriately.
- Ability to serve in the capacity of Executive Office Assistant as needed
- Coordinates research and data collection with staff on various village projects and determines what information needs to be disseminated to the public and the appropriate timelines.
- Updates information on the village website, including managing the calendar, news, and other site pages.
- Develops and coordinates the research, data collection, and writing of articles, reports, editorials, and other material for publication in village e-newsletters.
- Utilizes data to improve engagement through village e-newsletters, social media, and website content.
- Prepares press releases, creates press packets and meets with reporters to answer questions about Village Council decisions and village operations.
- Provides information about and promotes Maywood to the general public through various public relations activities. Coordinates promotional events, including ground-breaking and ribbon-cutting ceremonies.
- Evaluates access to village and community services for various population groups.
- Develops and maintains a positive and cooperative relationship with local media.
- Develops and implements programs designed to increase community awareness of programs and services within the community, targeting community-based organizations, the faith-based community, and special needs immigrant populations with limited English language skills.
- Encourages and facilitates collaboration, coordination and communication between agencies that provide services for the special needs of specific cultural and ethnic groups.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities in the following areas:
- Spanish language fluency is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in writing, public speaking, planning, graphic design, and layout.
- Excellent communication skills including writing, speaking, and listening; skill in developing communications and presentations applicable to the desired audience.
- Working knowledge of the field of marketing and community relations.
- Ability to understand public policy, services, practices, plans and problems in order to develop an effective marketing and communications program.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse group of individuals and staff working for the Village of Maywood and outside of the organization.
- Ability to perform occasional weekend and evening work if required.
- Knowledge and use of personal computer and software.
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university in journalism, marketing, communications, public relations, project management or related field and/or;
- Must possess three (3) or more years of work experience in marketing and public relations. Experience working with faith-based and community-based organizations with ethnically diverse populations, particularly Spanish speaking populations, is preferred.
Company: Village of Schaumburg
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Schaumburg, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A