Website City of Waco
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include.
- Provides and promotes recreation activities and events for City residents; sets up recreation sites and facilities for events and scheduled programs; maintains equipment and facilities in clean and safe condition; duties may vary according to job assignment.
- Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
- Reports and resolves complaints, requests, safety conditions, security issues and illegal activities.
- Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
- Organizes recreation activities, supervises program participants and enforces rules, regulations and safety precautions at indoor and outdoor facilities; maintains discipline, monitors behavior and resolves issues.
- Develops promotional media for events and special programs; tutors’ youth and assists with schoolwork.
- Depending on the needs of the recreation center assigned to, may require bilingual testing and certification.
- Depending on the needs of the City, specific technical training and certifications may be required for some incumbents.
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
Qualification & Experience:
- High School diploma or GED
Company: City of Waco
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Waco, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A