Website Western Area Power Administration
Transportation Security Officers are responsible for providing security and protection of travelers across all transportation sectors in a courteous and professional manner. Their duties may also extend to securing high-profile events, important figures and/or anything that includes or impacts our transportation systems
- Controlling terminal entry and exit points.
- Operating various screening equipment and technology to identify dangerous objects in baggage, cargo and on passengers, and preventing those objects from being transported onto aircraft.
- Maintaining focus and awareness while working in a stressful environment which includes noise from alarms, machinery and people, crowd distractions, time pressure, and disruptive and angry passengers, in order to preserve the professional ability to identify and locate potentially life threatening or mass destruction devices, and to make effective decisions in both crisis and routine situations.
- Interacting with the public, giving directions and responding to inquiries.
- Performing searches and screening, which may include physical interaction with passengers (e.g., pat-downs, search of property, etc.), conducting bag searches and lifting/carrying bags, bins, and property weighing up to 50lbs.
- Must be available to work various shifts and overtime, as needed
- Must be registered for Selective Service (males born after 12/31/59)
- Subject to post-employment random drug and/or alcohol testing
- Pass a drug screening, medical evaluation, and background investigation
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. National and at least 18 years of age
- Mandatory travel for training and occasional travel may be required
Company: Western Area Power Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Accounting
Job Location: Denver, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A