Website Xcel Energy
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
- This will be a summer opportunity with the potential to extend into a school semester, or a year long opportunity beginning in January depending on availability of selected candidate.
- The candidate should be able to work full-time during the summer and 15-20 hrs./wk. during a school semester.
- Work with the Fleet Engineering – Controls staff to develop capital projects to replace network security hardware and software. Intern will shadow, and take direction from, senior Fleet Controls engineers to learn the OT network architectures and philosophies in place at Xcel Energy generation facilities.
- Those facilities include fossil power plants, combustion turbine plants, wind farms, and steam and chilled water plants.
- Additionally, work as an entry level engineering analyst doing tasks that support the tools, programs, and databases used to perform various operational tasks such as network administration, firewall rule development, and network architectures.
- There will also be opportunities to work along side the control system engineers who are the Subject Matter Experts for the plant control systems.
- Through practical technical experience and mentoring, a successful candidate will gain significant professional confidence and people skills.
- Pursuing an Electrical, Mechanical or Computer engineering from an ABET accredited school. Other computer and networking degree plans may be acceptable.
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Must be Sophmore or higher
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Amarillo, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A