Website Xcel Energy
Work with the Engineering staff to support system protection transmission/substation projects, both capital and ops/maintenance. Work as an intern doing tasks spanning all aspects of system protection operations including protection system modeling, coordination study, short circuit study, and various analytical tasks to support regulatory compliance requirement. Through practical field experience and mentoring, successful candidate will gain significant professional confidence and people skills.
- Must be enrolled in an ABET accredited Engineering program
- Current Freshman or above.
- Ability to communicate effectively; both written and verbally
- Must be self- motivated, have good mechanical aptitude, and ability to work well with others
- Must be within commuting distance either location year-round
- Able to work part-time during the school year and full-time during the summer.
- Able to commit to the internship for a year or longer
- Willingness to work in field and in office.
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Amarillo, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A