Website Xcel Energy
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
This position is responsible for managing the retail regulatory gas/electric pricing function for Xcel. Coordinate the development of policies and proposals that ensure an effective price structure for Xcel’s utility services. Work directly with the Director of Pricing and Planning to develop and implement strategies that meet Xcel’s needs in a restructured environment. Prepare and sponsor expert testimony on pricing issues.
- Lead a team of professional employees in developing pricing, costing, planning, and forecasting proposals that meet the needs of Xcel’s business units and comply with regulatory requirements. Manage the development of pricing, costing, planning, and forecasting proposals for rate case proceedings or miscellaneous and general filings which meet regulatory requirements and remain consistent with Xcel’s goals for reasonable return on company investment, customer satisfaction, continuity with past rates, and efficient administration.
- Initiate and maintain effective communication between the Pricing and Planning unit and other Xcel department. Consult with business units of pricing, costing, planning, and forecasting issues and develop proposals and solutions that support business unit objectives.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Pricing and Planning unit. Recommend long-term goals for the unit and strategies for achieving those goals. Plan and assign work responsibilities. Administer all corporate policies and procedures, including the Pricing and Planning budget and annual business plans. Work with the Director of Pricing and Planning in preparing/conducting performance reviews.
- Act as a liaison to other utilities, regulatory agencies, customers, and other stakeholders regarding pricing, costing, planning , and forecasting issues. Ensure the provision of timely, accurate, and persuasive information regarding pricing, costing, planning and forecasting matters. Ensure effective advocacy of Xcel’s positions.
- Manage the selection, training, evaluation, and development of employees within the department to assure optimum attraction, retention, and motivation of employees. Ensure a high level of competency and performance throughout the Pricing and Planning unit.
- Manage the development of strategies to ensure effective pricing and costing in a restructured environment. Develop proposals to achieve Xcel’s objectives in jurisdictions implementing retail choice.
Qualification & Experience:
5 years experience in cost allocation, rate design and purchased gas/electric commodity adjustments for a regulated gas/electric utility
High school diploma or equivalent
Experience serving as an expert witness in gas/electric regulatory proceedings
Previous managerial experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Engineering or Accounting (6 years of related experience may substitute for the degree)
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Eau Claire, WI, US
Application Deadline: N/A